Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Valentines' Day Flashback in the Life of the Mac-Attack

Hearts, candy, flowers galore
These are the things that all girls adore
On a day filled with romance and stuff
Finding a girl will be very tough

So goes my amazing idea for a Valentines' Day card. Cheesy, I know, but in my siuation the poem is completely accurate. February 14 marks one of the most beloved days on most peoples' calenders...on mine, however, it is one of the most infamous.

I was walking to fourth hour when I ran into Ben, yet again being rejected by this girl from our Chemistry class. I can never think of her name...great kisser, though.

"Hey, man. What's goin on?"
"Brianna rejected me again," he told me. (Brianna, that's her name! Good times in the performing arts building).
"You should really set your sights on someone else for once. I mean, there are much better girls at our school."
"But there's just something about her. Maybe her lips."
"Well, her lips are tasty."
"What?"
"What?"
"You need to help me out with this, Mac. I can't be alone on Valentines' Day."
"Ben, Valentines' Day really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Flowers, candy, poetry. Being with someone on this day isn't really that important and--"

Then, as i was talking, my best friend spoke the words: "You've never actually had a Valentines' Day date, have you???"

It was true...actually, it was only technically true. I never physically took a girl out to dinner on Valentines' Day, but I have been with someone special on this day. I promise you all that I was.

It was Freshman year, the year was 2007. Imagine my height being about two inches shorter and my hair being much longer than it is now.

My story starts long before Valentines' Day. It starts around December of 2006, actually. The girl was Carrie Wilcox. You may remember her from a few months back, when I stupidly declined her proposal of a night of passion because, for some reason, I have morals. Well, she and I had been good friends since 8th grade. Back then she had a short, boy-haircut and round glasses. By Freshman year she had let her hair grow out and had lost the glasses to become quite a beauty. I started spending more and more time with her, and some feelings soon developed. BUT, her heart belonged to someone else, a guy who only seemed to reach her height because his hair was huge. Not only was he short, he was a real douchebag too.

Carrie was sneaky. She used to txt me while on dates with this loser to tell me how much she didn't want to be there. I never thought much of it, until I called her one night in February when I was feeling down. She revealed to me that she was on a date with her boyfriend, and I finally spoke the words: Leave him, Carrie. You deserve better.

Speechless, she hung up. We had very normal conversations over the next week or so, and then February 13 happened.

It was after 7th hour, the final class of the day. Her and I always hung out in the hall between 6th and 7th hours, so I knew where her class was. I walked over there and we hugged.

"Carrie, I have to talk to you."
"Mac, I wish we could talk right now but Mark is waiting for me. I have to meet up with him".

She started walking away, when I shouted down the hall:

"Don't."
"What do you mean Don't"
"I mean don't meet up with Mark."
"What?" The whole thing must have blind-sighted her.
"Stay with me for a while, Carrie," I said as I walked toward her. "Come here and kiss me, then tell me you don't feel something too."
"Mac, I..."
"Just one kiss."

It was silent for a second, then Carrie looked to see if anyone was around. Then she walked up to me and kissed me. I thought it would be just a peck, but it soon became intense and passionate, different than any time I had ever kissed someone. We were really making out, and it was so wrong of us to be doing it...but it felt so right.

Then, suddenly: "I really have to go meet Mark. I' m sorry, Mac. I have to go."

And just like that, she was gone.

However, I got a txt from her later that night. The txt read: "I can't deny it, the kiss was really amazing and we need to do it again. Meet me in the F Building during lunch tomorrow."

Did I mention that the next day was Valentines' Day???

So, instead of lifting weights with Ben during lunch (like I usually do on Wednesdays), I was in the F Building getting a different type of workout, the type that invloved my tongue muscles.

This time was more intense because it lasted longer. As an added bonus, I also got a handjob while we were making out...so that was fun. I always say that they don't call it the "F" Building for nothing.

Well, this continued to go on for the next couple days, until I finally said something on that Friday.

"What are we doing, Carrie? Why don't you just leave him?"

Then Carrie spoke the words that made me really feel like an ass.

"I love Mark, and Mark loves me...but you are a REALLY good kisser."

I couldn't think of anything else to say, so I said: "Well, at least I have that."

It was awkward for a minute or two, when I finally said:

"I think you should go downstairs and be with Mark. He's your boyfriend, not me."

Carrie looked at me and we kissed once more. A long, passionate kiss that would stay in my mind for a long time.

"You really are the Mac Attack".

Hearing Carrie say that was even enough to get me through the next few weeks, until her and Mark broke up and I got together with Carrie again.

But that's a story for another time.

Sincerely,
Mac-Attack

No comments: